A Range of 3D Models.

 3D Modelling is something I like to do on occasion. I started doing some modelling in 2013, starting with a few primitive models made in 3DS Max 2010.

Like I said: Primitive.


3DS Max looked very complicated, so when I found Blender (which is free), I learned how to use it. Made the early models with Blender 2.69.

Rainbow Fang & CLOK VI (Jan. 2014) are the first ones made with Blender.

MAX TECH Model 97 (Feb. 2014)

MAX TECH Holocaust RPG (Oct. 2014)


The first models I made are just weapons. I did try to make a character, but that attempt failed. I did try to make a car based off my old "Road Rage" art.

This does look like a soap box kart, IMO.


Now I haven't done any more 3D art after January 2015, until September 2016 as part of a little series called "Limited Colors," where I made some art based on the color limitations of computer hardware. Pic below is the Nineteen86 with the palette of the 16-color EGA variety. The main piece took me so long, but the colors took me minutes. I assume this is made with Blender 2.75?

The actual model is god awful, riddled with bad topology and the likes.


The next piece is from a custom car based off the 86. It's for this racing game called Re-Volt, and I have played a lot of that, over the years. Also, made more cars for this, like a dune buggy, sports car, one based off my RC, some conversions, and a few others. The rest shown are made with 2.79 that I still use. 2.8+ changed the UI, which doesn't like my older PC's.


The red car is my custom reskin called the Xeno Mole.


I'll spare you the Vivi's for now (even though she is integral on how I got better at modelling), and move on to what I think is the only piece of 3D fanart so far: Skarpne.



Yeah, Gerph's alien looking OC who has a craving for "Mayonnaise" did caught my attention, to the point I made a video showing the process. I did cheated and made the textures beforehand, but that's not the point.



No, wait I forgot I did Rebeltaxi's cab as well. Make that the last piece of 3D fanart so far. The handling model for this was something else, but I got it done within 3 days.


Next is an unfinished model for Judi, who is a friend of Vivi's but also her employee. The process was fine, until the part where I have to start rigging which kinda boned the entire thing.

The problems would soon arise when you start moving them bones.


Judi's model would be used for a simple NSFW piece I drew, and then reused her legs as part of Vivi's when I made the V6 model of her. Maybe one day I'll draw the cat again, complete with a redesign.

The next piece is to reuse 3D models as a reference for a 2D piece. The first one is a girl I drew in CGA colors back in 2016, and the Nineteen86 is reused as her car. A banged up hatchback that a crazy girl trusts.

Vivi with a modified Nineteen86 as a reference piece.


Next is the thumbnail art for a Twisted Metal video. This is the first drawing I made to test my first drawing tablet, and the result isn't too shabby.
I was going to make a standard thumbnail where the side of ST's truck had the title, but that didn't look good, so I made a crudely modelled version, appropriately based off TM: Black.


I also made some environments with Blender. I made only a few, but they're custom Re-Volt tracks. For now, I'm gonna show you a scrapped project known as Vivi's room. 



You may be like: Oh hey, this looks awesome, why'd you scrapped it? Then I answered: If I want to make an animation in this backdrop, then this would take AGES to render. The top pic was 2 minutes, coming from my recent PC with 32GB RAM & a Ryzen 7. The next renders took me around 12-15 minutes from my previous PC.

There is more models I made on my Artstation page, but I just want to show you how far I've come after 9 years. I will make more in the future, but one thing I should've got was spare time. Maybe I'll get used to Blender 3.x and learn how to use the power of Eevee, who knows.

Comments