So, I accidentally killed my Project Storage HDD :(

RIP THAT GLORIOUS WD BLUE HARD DRIVE

(20xx - 2022)

"So what happened?" you may ask.

Well, simple: I was installing my new power unit for the Monolith PC (aka: a modified HP Omen 25L), and accidentally knocked it over my small work bench. It didn't shatter or anything (I mean, these little HDD are sturdy), and the height is up to my knees. When I putt it back together, I heard a weird noise when booting up and my PC didn't read the hard drive. I assume it's some sort of connection error, until I figured out the noise is from my Blue HDD, and asked some friends.

It turns out that knocking my HDD to the floor ended up displacing the needle inside, rendering it bricked. He's dead, Jim.


"What were the contents in your HDD?"

If this is my 2TB Barracuda Drive, then it's EVERYTHING. My Blue Drive only contained some gaming soundtracks, future projects I barely started, raw gameplay footage, Lost Legends graphic assets, and even the files for ongoing & future projects.

Fortunately, Part 1 of the Turok Evolution episode of Lost Legends only need the Sidenotes redone & Status Screen made before it's official. The next episode (which is Pinball), I had to redo the whole thing. This means gathering the footage, record the gameplay, VO, and other things. Again.

For future projects, I only lost some raw gameplay footage & image assets. The productions for these haven't started, though I may have to re-record the gameplay when I get there. The Scripts are safe in the main 2TB Barracuda Drive.

I didn't store the main videos in either hard drives, because they're in a separate external HDD. I lost the Status Screen PSD, but I have saved some raw screens to recreate them, easily.


"Did that HDD cost me anything?"

No (except the data). This was the main storage drive for my old "Black Box" which died out on me in early 2021. The HDD is the only piece I salvaged when I got my Omen PC. Technically, my first upgrade.


"What do I do, now?"

For starters, I have to buy another HDD, which is already done at the time of writing. I got a PC case along the way, too. In the meantime, I use my main HDD and store some footage in a separate folder, redo the Pinball episode, and by the next week or two I'll get everything back in order. Hopefully, my Turok Collaborator could finish the big script.

Comments