Hard Drive Update (+ Upgrade plans)

AN UPDATE TO MY HARD DRIVE SITUATION.

So as you probably heard of my last issue that I broke my 1TB HDD that holds my projects, Lost Legends assets, etc... Now my new HDD arrived as of the 9th of January. The assets are easily redone beforehand, and all I need to do is to set up the whole thing again. However, I don't like the ominous hum that's coming from the PC. I think it's probably it's all connected to one SATA cable, but I may need to check on that.

POSSIBLE PC UPGRADES.

After the HDD situation is done, I got my paycheck, and I need to search for some necessities. The Corsair case generated a lot more noise than usual because of the installed fans, and I need to mitigate that with some quieter ones. I was planning on some Noctua fans, but I think for the main front fans, I may need something more silent. The Be Quiet! Silent Wings are an option. These are advertised as the most quietest fans on the market with an astounding 16.4db. Here's where I'm installing the new fans.


The lavender 120mm will be replaced, except the back which will be replaced by the Noctua placed in the front. I decided to buy 4 fans (3 on the front, one on top). Yeah, about the wide space in the rough representation of the Corasir case, that's space for more fans inside.


Since the case is compatible with 3 different types of motherboards (mine's a Micro-ATX mobo), the next logical step is a new motherboard. Now, that seems absurd, but I'm fine with my Omen Mobo for now. So IF I get an ATX motherboard, I need one that has an AMD CPU socket, DDR4, PCIe, and SSD slots, and possibly built-in Wifi. The mobo costs me ~$250 alone, but I may need a new CPU that accompanies it, which costs me more.

There's always options to make it run better. Such as the life of building a PC.


UPDATE (1-23-23)

So a couple weeks ago I got the fans. I installed the bastards and I thought these fans didn't seem to work, until I disable the only Noctua 120mm to test. Well, guess I should add one more Silent Wings fan.


Comments