Some Commissions I Paid For... (July-December 2023 Edition)

 WASSUP! Guess it's that time again where I throw in some commissions I paid a handful of artists for. It's not much, but I'm not a money pit either. I mean, I'm a damn wagie for Christ's sake. Like last time, there's some Vivi art, and some other characters... I almost tempted myself to make someone draw something NSFW. Almost. If I ever did that, it's safe to say I've fallen to the dark side.

VIVI (By LoverOfBread)

Okay, imagine this: It has beaten Brabbit's record of 5 months with 10 months. Can't really say I blame him for that. Dude seemed like he's on a rough patch from the convos I had with him. So, I commissioned him back in February, giving him a DM every few months. Turns out he didn't even start the commission until far recently in December and finished it within a whole day. I do respect this man for not ghosting me every time I DM'd him. The end product is actually pretty damn decent from what I've give him.


Alt pose


SUMMER VIVI (By SsYuYu Chibis)

I commissioned this artist again, after finding out she can draw furries. Oddly, she changed the PayPal last time I paid her, but she probably had reasons. The outfit is a callback to an older Vivi piece back when I was designing the V6 reference piece. The only critique is the hair color, it should be in a dark blue. Someday I will draw her in all sides, but maybe sometime in the following summer, but no promises. Also, don't @ me on the spacing, that's how the canvas was made.


Initial sketch but mirrored


VIVI (By CarrutSoup)

I've been following this artist for two years, I think. She drew a cute bunny OC who runs a convenience store. Shame she didn't went far with that, but she did found a career as a tattoo artist. When she opened up commissions, I jumped in the opportunity before I was out to Edmonton back in September. She advertises her comms as "Super Cute" art, and boy she did deliver. Glad I chose the right artist for that, she's adorable.


Rough lineart
Updated lineart

Vib in Tokyo-To Future' chunky pixels.

Vib in Brinks Terminal's crusty pixels.

VIB (By xxx)

Okay, remember the last blog where I redrew a commission? Well, still not gonna credit this one and I'm gonna keep my word on that. I'm only throwing this in because I haven't shown you the extra pics, including one where the background isn't in the right game. I paid the same amount as Carrut's commission, which is around $70 CAD. I won't show the other commission piece, because there's not much to say about that.



JAMMIES VIVI (By BuddyCanary)

Okay, remember what I said earlier about tempting myself to make an NSFW commission? Well, get ready to crucify me, I was about to apply that on my rabbit girl. Only one thing that stopped me: My PayPal wallet. Yeah, I was considering to tell my weird art friend to add a schlong on her, but I was 15 Yankee bucks too short for that to happen... Or more if I went for the full render. Here's the surprising thing: This was the fastest commission I've gotten, in about 2 hours. I'm fine for the comm I got, should've told him that the pink was her panties, and the Nine Inch Nails logo should be thicker.



HOLIDAY VIB (By xxx)

I've already stepped into the same trap, again with this artist. So, I've updated my commissions and pitched a few to some friends. Comm sells, but who's buyin'? Well, this one pulled a sneaky on me and made me pay for this, but told them to cut the price down. Well, after a convo, this is the end result. That polished tree branch is supposed to be a snow skate. Dunno why the bunny ear colors blend with each other, the spade is missing the stem, her Chuck Taylor's looking weird, or her expression where she had seen some shit... Also she's riding UP the hill, instead of simply flip the character around.

By this point, I think this "professional artist" is one of those people who decided to force themselves to others by offering them commissions directly. NEVER EVER accept these kinds of messages who's selling directly to you.


Rough lineart

Colored with reference in the background

VIB (By Bunshee)

Another Bunshee piece, this time Vivi's JSR/BRC-Sona, Vib. Dude was hesitant on the background, but told him to make it minimal. This pose is a direct callback to Gum's promo art for Jet Set Radio (a character that inspired Vib).


Suggestive Vivi (By VunnBunn)

Another mutual on my relatively small list of mutuals. This one does draw on occasion, but loves to draw bunny people. I gave him some creative freedom whether or not he should draw Vivi in her jammies (like Buddy's drawing) or the reference (which is one of MeltyLoo's pieces). I love the fact she's standing on her toes.


BONUS: Bunny Tea (By MeltyLoo)

This last one is NOT a commission or a request, but I think it's too much of a coincidence when I joined his Discord server, and the first thing I posted is a couple bunnies. It's my schtick: Post bunnies or cute animals, and I get replies of "bnuuy" or pics of more bunnies. Day one when joining the server: I post a bunny, and every patron in the server posted bunnies, and Loo himself drew his OC as a bunny. I don't think it's a coincidence when I think about it, lol.


Guess that's everything at the moment. There is one more (an actual commission) from MeltyLoo, but it's gonna be a long wait, unless he doesn't recognize my commission. If that happens, it's going to be featured on the next issue of Commissions I Paid For (January-June 2024 Edition).

Comments